Reflecting back over the past year, there were some major lows and some new highs that provided me with some very important life lessons.
In the beginning of 2016, I was very timid, a people pleaser, beyond stressed, sad, lonely and afraid of a lot things. Going through a divorce, selling my house, quitting my job, starting to date for the first time in my life, and crossing things off of my bucket list, I am now wrapping up the year as a much stronger, confident, courageous, happier, outgoing person and am ready to take on 2017!
Ten things that I learned in 2016 that I will carry through this coming year:
- Trust your gut. If you have a feeling that something is not right, you are most likely correct. Don’t ignore these feelings.
- Don’t forget to make yourself happy. It is easy to put yourself last in order to make others happy and comfortable but you end up suffering in the end.
- Stick up for yourself. If you are not being treated fairly or if you deserve more than what you are getting, put it out there. Don’t be afraid to speak up.
- Being afraid will get you nowhere.
- Money does not buy happiness. It makes life very comfortable but if you are doing something you don’t love, the money doesn’t matter.
- People are going to judge you no matter what. Even if they don’t know anything about you or your circumstances, they will still judge. Know what I say to that? F*ck ’em!
- Don’t overthink everything. It will make you crazy! Just trust your gut and keep moving.
- If someone is not willing to give you their time, heart or effort equally as you are, don’t overcompensate. You deserve more than that.
- When you fall down, you WILL get back up.
- Don’t look back. Moving forward is the only option to creating your next chapter.
What life lessons did you learn from this year that will make a stronger, more courageous person? 2017 will be bringing good things to us all. I can feel it!!
Have a very happy and healthy New Year everyone!!