Why you should be shopping at Athleta

Strategic shopping in 2017 is key as there are so many great pieces and brands out there but unfortunatly not a lot of money in our pockets to spend on them.

The struggle is real.

With that reality, I like to practice my own method of strategic shopping. I always ask myself 3 important questions when considering buying an item. Read below to find out what the three questions are and how Athleta passed the test!

Athleta leggings

1. Is the quality/price ratio on point?

Trends change, as do our taste, so for items that I know will not last more than 5 rotations of wear and wash, I will only spend $25-35 on that item. For pieces that are at or above the $35-50 range, I really analyze the quality of the product to determine how long long it will last through wear and wash. Our money is hard earned so why throw it away!!

Every piece that I have ever bought from Athleta continues to look great after at least 30 washes (see how I care for my garments below)! The Gleam Tights is one of those pieces. This is actually one of their best sellers that they continue to reinvent every year. Pictured here is the updated version for Fall 2017. I have included shopping links for those and the pair I bought 3 years ago that still look amazing.

IMG_1149

IMG_1353

Processed with VSCO with a5 preset

*CLICK THE IMAGES TO SHOP*

2. What are the care instructions?

If it is DRY CLEAN ONLY, I usually put it back. Seriously, who has the money to pay for that every week! I sure don’t. The only items I will buy as DCO are gowns or very ornate, embellished pieces. The way I care for 80% of my clothes (the other 20% includes socks, undies, PJ’s) is to wash on delicate and hang to dry, even if it says different. I have extended the wear time of my wardrobe by doing so. Go get yourself a clothes rack and a hand steamer at BBB.

Game changer!

Processed with VSCO with a5 preset

26AAB312-C574-4104-BF31-0AC0AC6E1863

*CLICK THE IMAGES TO SHOP*

3. How many different ways can I style this piece?

This is a BIG question for me when shopping. I visualize my closet and run through my rolodex of shoes, tops, skirts, jewelry, you name it, to pair with that one item I am contemplating on buying. If I can wear it casual and dressy, that’s an added bonus.

Look at these two pieces from Athleta.

The sweater has a large cutout with a semi-choker. You can wear it to and from the gym and casual during the day with denim. You can also flip it around for a deep V-cut for a sexy look for date night. I added a gold Y-Chain for some additional visual appeal.

The leggings are so chic with the vegan leather details and mesh panels. They look great with sneakers for the gym or running errands. Super trendy and on point for a fitness babe. However, wearing a bootie or heel with the leggings will completely change the vibe for a night out! I have worn my Gleam Tights with over the knee boots as well.

The styling opportunities are endless!

Processed with VSCO with a5 preset

Processed with VSCO with a5 preset

IMG_1499

*CLICK THE IMAGES TO SHOP*

Below are more of my Athleta favorites that are featured on my IG page today!

IMG_1370 IMG_1377 IMG_1378IMG_1385

IMG_1958

Processed with VSCO with a5 preset

IMG_1973

**TONIGHT I WILL HOSTING A STYLING EVENT AT ATHLETA IN THE BURLINGTON MALL AT 7PM! COME JOIN US FOR SHOPPING, STYLING, NIBBLES AND A 25% DISCOUNT!!
SEE YOU THERE!**
Happy Shopping!
xo,
D*Marie